DusTreat* Dust Control Binding Agents
Patented technology lowers fugitive dust emissions; reduces weathering of coal
DusTreat* binding agents are patented dust control technologies designed to reduce fugitive dust emissions and inhibit the surface oxidation of low rank coals.
DusTreat binding agents combine the functionality of a long-term "residual" dust control binder, with an anti-oxidant capability. DusTreat binders prevent dusting by two mechanisms – by agglomerating the fine parti¬cles as a binder and by reducing the weathering of the coal.
DusTreat Binding Agents Features
- Reduces dusting during loading, unloading, stack-out and reclamation.
- Reduces in-transit coal losses from rail cars– may eliminate need for car topper treatments.
- Retards the oxidation and weathering of low rank coals, such as Powder River Basin (PRB) coals.
- Significantly reduces hot spots, smokers and spontaneous combustion at generating stations and coal terminals.
- Reduces BTU losses during outside storage at coal yards and terminals.
Mining sites face countless challenges related to dust, including accidents, operational & health challenges, decreased productivity and CO2 emissions. SUEZ offers a portfolio of dust control programs as an alternative to increased usage of water. SUEZ's DusTreat includes wetting agents, foam suppressants, and binders that reduce dust emissions.