Improve whey demineralization, glycerine desalting, and juice deacidification
Valuable constituents are often lost in waste streams, but SUEZ’s Electromat* technology can help.
Electrodialysis (ED) transfers ions from one solution to another through selective ion exchange membranes. The process employs DC voltage to achieve the transfer.
Bipolar electrodialysis (BPED) uses a bipolar membrane to split water into H+ and OH-, generating acid and caustic streams. This process adjusts a solution’s pH without adding bases or acids.
ED and BPED Product Features
- Enhances product value, reduces processing costs, and derives value from waste streams
- Removes only ionized species, leaving valuable constituents behind
- Reduces chemical consumption and salt effluent
- Eliminates wasted energy, time and product because processes can be tuned to meet any product set point
- Operates simply and reliably using a skid-mounted and automated design that operates in continuous or batch mode
- Expands easily, as needed, due to SUEZ’s modular system designs
See how SUEZ helped a European whey producer to further process whey into profitable products with ED technology.
This bulletin shows how ED and BPED can help increase the value of your products and reduce your processing costs.
SUEZ has pledged to invest in more green technologies while improving our own energy efficiency. This translates into more innovation for the world’s water needs.
*A trademark of SUEZ. May be registered in one or more countries.