Reduce bacterial growth and slime with advanced biocides
Reverse osmosis (RO) systems are favorable environments for microorganisms to thrive. SUEZ’s Biomate* products are non-oxidizing biocides that are highly effective in reducing bacterial growth and the build-up of slime on a variety of membrane types.
Biomate MBC products are EPA registered non-oxidizing biocide for sanitizing RO and ultrafiltration (UF) systems and membranes. Most effective as bactericides, they will also control fungi and algae when used at higher dosages. A treatment program using products from both Biomate and Kleen™ will result in more effective membrane cleaning and decreased cleaning frequency.
Membrane Biological Control Features
- Reduced unscheduled downtime and operating costs
- Increased efficiency
- Reliable production and supply
- Maximum water recovery (less wastewater) at highest permeate quality
- Extended membrane life
- Minimal chemical handling
- Effective sanitation of RO and other membrane water treatment systems
- Compatible with thin film polyamide, polysulfone, and PVDF membranes
- May be fed continuously, intermittently, or in an off-line clean-in-place mode
SUEZ enabled a reduction in cleaning frequency from a minimum of five times a year to once per year, thereby reducing scrubber cleaning costs by 80%.
SUEZ’s two-biocide program, complimented by a zinc inhibitor, saved significant pasteurization costs in a brewery plant.
Every quarter we present awards to successful customers that are enjoying strategic, economic, and environmental benefits from their projects. Let us nominate you today!
*A trademark of SUEZ. May be registered in one or more countries.