Reduce fresh water intake by recycling up to 98% of your SAGD-produced water
SUEZ offers a steam assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) produced water evaporator system with high on-stream availability that reduces downtime and is robust enough to handle upsets.
SUEZ’s SAGD patented evaporator technology offers advantages in cost, reliability, and scheduling. By reducing capital spend and addressing environmental goals, SUEZ’s team has built a vast number of successful SAGD evaporators over the last 15 years.
SAGD Produced Water Evaporator Features
SUEZ’s patented produced water evaporators are effective in treating SAGD produced water as well as once-through steam generator (OTSG) blowdown.
- SUEZ pioneered a non-seeded approach for its produced water evaporators, thus reducing risk to the operating unit while still creating high quality distillate water
- Evaporation versus warm-lime softening helps customers achieve 98% or more recovery, increasing reuse potential and limiting fresh water consumption
- Robust design allows the evaporator to handle source water upsets
- Maximize on-stream availability, which lowers overall operating costs and capital spend
- Reduces or eliminates the need to draw fresh water from lakes, rivers, or aquifers
See how SUEZ’s modularized evaporator can be installed quickly and efficiently to reduce construction costs.
This paper discusses a patent-pending solidification process, including bench and pilot test data, comparisons versus drying, and preliminary design information.
*A trademark of SUEZ. May be registered in one or more countries.