BioPlus* bioaugmentation solutions
SUEZ’s BioPlus products comprise a portfolio of specially formulated blends of naturally occurring, but adapted, high-performance microorganisms, with enzymes and nutrient supplements. In addition, there are blends of bacteria, enzymes and surfactants for oil and grease clean-up and a range of nutrient-only products
Our products are used to enhance the biological degradation of organics and ammonia in a variety of secondary wastewater treatment systems. The systems that can be treated range from classic aerobic activated sludge plants, lagoons, bio-filters, MBRs, MBBRs, to UASB and other anaerobic treatment systems. Many of the products contain facultative organisms and oxygen donors, allowing use in low oxygen conditions within aerobic.
Microorganisms used are naturally occurring bacteria and fungi that have been isolated from the environment and concentrated and stabilizer for use in wastewater treatment.
BioPlus technology includes products for:
- Enhancing COD removal in most aerobic industrial wastewater treatment systems
- Degradation of Fats, Oil, and Grease (FOG) and other food processing type COD
- Removal of COD in anaerobic reactors and lagoons
- Enhancing organic sludge degradation at the bottom of lagoons and ponds
- Enhancing or recovering ammonia removal in the nitrification process
- Enhancing the removal of COD from pulp and paper making operations
- Maintaining grease traps
- Cleaning oil and grease from tanks and ground contamination
- Enhancing general biomass health and the addition of dedicated nutrient supplements
BioHealth* optimization solution
Complementing the BioPlus technology are SUEZ’s BioHealth and InSight* monitoring tools. BioHealth is a second-generation ATP-based test used in conjunction with BioPlus bioaugmentation and primary treatment, to quickly and directly measure influent wastewater toxicity and reactor biomass activity and health.
Coupled with sophisticated analytical and trends software packages, including real-time monitoring via InSight*, primary and secondary treatment can be cost-effectively improved to levels unachievable previously. Our approach is to proactively monitor system health and make operational adjustments and biological enhancements at the earliest signs of stress. The use of BioHealth and Insight allows our service team, in collaboration with operators, to take early action before serious problems develop. This proactive approach differentiates SUEZ and results in the lowest cost of operation of biological treatment systems.